Friday, January 1, 2016

My own version of throwback to 2015

2015 was, me doing kind of these things.

- Had an opportunity to challenge myself through Thesis. Yes, it was a bit hard to did the Thesis without any guidance from your seniors, cause I got none. It was challenging to find certain topic that suits you well so that you're going to love your Thesis. Also. it was a bit tricky to playing hard to get with your advisor. At the end of the day, she was the one who being real nice to my Thesis. Without her help, I might never got what I wanted. I'll be thankful toward her everyday if I can.

Let me tell you a little bit about my advisor, it was kinda funny. Last year, she taught me Visual Design Communication 3. The moment she entered my class, and being real fussy to all of us, I whispered to one of my friend who sat next to me : 

"I want her to be my advisor, what do you think?". 
She said "Don't you think she's a little bit, ehm you know...." 
"Captious?" I finished her sentence, she nodded. 
"Yeah I know, I might need that. Just like what Mba Vahsti did to me, turns out she's not even make a comment about my project at all back then. She trusted me. I need to be captious tho, you know"
"Ah, whatever"

Then, 5 months later, all of sudden, I didn't even ask Thesis Department to help me find the best Thesis Advisor they got. I just got her. What a fate. 

 

- Being closer to research somehow. One of my lecturer who's in charge in Research and Community Service (later my boss) called me on January, offering me a position as Research Assistant at ASEAN PR Studies Centre owned by LSPR. I was a little bit shock back then. But I remember, a year ago Miss Fiona said to me that I had to get a little closer with research if I'm really serious about getting myself into academic world. At that time, I was in the middle of some confusion cause I still got 3 classes and yet I needed to do internship as part of my credits. 
Without hesitation, I took the job. It was total fun, it is so fun even until today. Every month we had monthly event, I got close to the other staff there. CK, Khina, and Koko, later Kak Phele, are the best colleagues you could ever ask for. May 2015, my great and kind boss, once again offered me a permanent position. I got my first ever real job this year. How fortunate. 


- I decided to participate LSPR's Got Talent audition. 2015 was my final year here. And I felt a little bit guilty. I'm not going to discharging myself without a little piece of contribution. Long story short, I became one of the finalists in singing category. After 2 months of participating in so called boot camp, here comes the grand final. October 15th, just 4 days before my Thesis Defense, I got 2nd Runner Up from this competition. I don't do bullshit but really, it was never cross my mind that I'll ever win this.


- After I created my own drama with my Thesis, I pronounced graduated at October 19th 2015. The defense was amazing, though It was a little bit awkward to be on trial with 80 years old professor of communication. But, I did that after all. 


- September 2015, one of my dream to be a Lecturer Assistant finally came true. I even got 2 classes. One, is something that related to my major, Advertising. It's Commercial Publishing subject. The other one, is Statistics. Weird, I know. But I do always enjoy myself around maths. 

- BG Award Finalist, Citra Pariwara. All thanks to Wafi, my mate and my partner. I think I'll get a lot of cursed from all of my friends at Advertising UI 2010, cause they know too well that I'm not into award thingy. I even made some jokes for those who got real ambition into advertising award. Again, I would like to do something at least before I graduated. It was a really great opportunity tho. I finally got a chance to met Mbak Reddia again. And to be able to gathered around with advertising people and practitioners is a big gift for me. Guess I missed advertising world real bad. 


- Graduation Ceremony at December 3rd. As usual, my friends from Advertising UI were there even on the weekday. Thankful. I met all of people that I would like to meet. Of course my boss. I even arranged my boss to my parents. I met my office mates, Pak Ari, Mam Hera, my advisor Mam Dina, and even Mam Detty. Of course I took a lot of pictures with them. What a blast moment. 


For me, 2015 is a bit tricky. 80 percents are made from happiness. The other 20 percents just some bad luck. I guess, life doesn't always have to be perfect, right? So is human and people. This year was a very amazing year for my life. 

One thing that I still longing about is, to let things go. I haven't got that big heart to do that. Or I'm just too scared. 2015 not always that happy. There was certain moment when I cried like crazy over a thing that I can't be explained from 2007. There was a time when I screamed "It hurts" too many times. Moreover, I thought about loneliness constantly cause nobody, nobody seems to understand this kind of situation I've been dealing with. I don't blame them, never. It was on me.
But, that is what makes my life in 2015 perfect. Because, when I had time to think down, God gave me all this moment above. A moments to be thankful for. 

I think, I will not set my bar and standard as well as bull crap resolutions for 2016 (except for diet thingy hehe). I know it too well that beautiful 2015, happened because I didn't expect anything from the very beginning. I should have done that from the past time though. But, it'll go better. 2016 will do better, I have a strong faith in it. 


Happy New Year!
1/365

No comments:

Post a Comment